HAPS of California is a group committed to promoting
educational, cultural, social, and community ties among
Hellenic (Greek)-American professionals in Northern California.
Calendar of Upcoming Events:
- The 2016-17 HAPS $1,000 Scholarship application period is
now open. Applications must be postmarked by Monday,
October 31, 2016. For the application and instructions, see
"Scholarships" tab. Questions about the HAPS scholarship may
be directed to Ms. Pat Lagiss at (650) 851-0270 or to
- Sunday, November 13, 2016: The annual HAPS General
Assembly meeting will be held at Annunciation Greek Orthodox
Cathedral in San Francisco from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Dr. Tikey Zes
will deliver a presentation about Byzantine music. A tour of the
new Annunciation sanctuary will be given. The HAPS annual
business meeting will take place.
- Sunday, February 12, 2017: Annual Greek Letters Day
Celebration at Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral in San
Francisco. Beginning at 10:00 a.m. with Divine Liturgy and
Artoclasia Honoring Scholars. The Greek Letters Day
Luncheon will follow at 1:00 p.m. Ticket price to be announced.
The 2017 AXION Award may be presented. College scholarships
($1,000 each) may be presented. To attend the luncheon, please
remit your check payable to the "Hellenic American Professional
Society" to Jason Bezis, 3661-B Mosswood Drive, Lafayette, CA
94549-3509. Reservations also may be made by phone or e-
mail, with payment presented at the event. Call: (925) 962-9643.
- Our most recent newsletter can be viewed here.
- View photos from our General Assembly meeting on facebook
- View photos from our Wine Tasting on facebook
- We are seeking a webmaster for the HAPS Website. Click here
for a full description of the requirements in pdf format.
HAPS is dedicated to:
- Organize, promote, and sponsor cultural, artistic, intellectual, and
- Cultivate a spirit of professional, community, and social
cooperation among professional people of Hellenic (Greek)
- Promote education among Hellenic-Americans
- Provide speakers, visual aids, and literature regarding Hellenic
culture and language
- Assist newly arrived Hellenic professionals
June 2016 newsletter
The 2016 HAPS Executive Board:
Nicholas Stamatakis, President
Chris Manitsas, Vice President
Jim Vorrises, Treasurer
Mary Bazigos, Recording Secretary
Jason Bezis, Corresponding Secretary
Loula Anaston, Director
Helen Ernst, Director
Dena Karbo-Mourgos, Director
Jason Kumpf, Director
Pat Lagiss, Director
Virginia Lagiss, Director
Chris Manitsas, Director
George Mattis, Director
George Mourgos, Director
Questions about HAPS or the website? E-mail Corresponding
Secretary Jason Bezis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Linking with our Hellenic Heritage.
A Non-profit Organization Founded in 1960.
Hellenic American Professional Society
Free download: needed to view PDF files