HAPS of California is a group committed to promoting
educational, cultural, social, and community ties among
Hellenic (Greek)-American professionals in Northern California.
Calendar of Upcoming Events:
- Sunday, January 24, 2016: Annual Greek Letters Day Celebration
at Ascension Greek Orthodox Cathedral in Oakland. Beginning
at 10:00 a.m. with Divine Liturgy and Artoclasia Honoring
Scholars at Ascension Greek Orthodox Cathedral, 4700 Lincoln
Avenue, Oakland. The Greek Letters Day Luncheon will follow
at 1:00 p.m. in the Richmond Room. Tickets are $50.00
each. The 2016 HAPS Axion Award will be presented to the
Honorable Eleni Tsakopoulos Kounalakis, United States
Ambassador to Hungary from 2010 to 2013. College
scholarships ($1,000 each) will be presented to Alexander
Magganas (University of Illinois) and Irene Mavroudis (San
Francisco State University). To attend the luncheon, please remit
your check for $50.00 per person payable to the "Hellenic
American Professional Society" to Jason Bezis, 3661-B
Mosswood Drive, Lafayette, CA 94549-3509. Reservations
also may be made by phone or e-mail, with payment presented
at the event. Call: (925) 962-9643. E-mail: haps1821@gmail.
- The 2015 HAPS General Assembly meeting was held at
Ascension Cathedral in Oakland on Sunday, November 22nd.
- The 2016 HAPS $1,000 Scholarship application period closed on
November 24, 2015. The 2016 - 17 application period will be in
fall of 2016. See "Scholarships" tab for the 2015 - 16 application
and instructions; the 2016 - 17 application will be similar.
- Our fall newsletter can be viewed here.
- Congratulations to HAPS for receiving a City of San Jose HP
Grant for $1,000 to benefit our programs! Thank you very much to
San Jose Councilmember Pete Constant for nominating us for
- View photos from our 2011 Annual Greek Letters Day celebration
- View photos from our General Assembly meeting on facebook
- View photos from our Wine Tasting on facebook
- We are seeking a webmaster for the HAPS Website. Click here
for a full description of the requirements in pdf format.
HAPS is dedicated to:
- Organize, promote, and sponsor cultural, artistic, intellectual, and
- Cultivate a spirit of professional, community, and social
cooperation among professional people of Hellenic (Greek)
- Promote education among Hellenic-Americans
- Provide speakers, visual aids, and literature regarding Hellenic
culture and language
- Assist newly arrived Hellenic professionals
Fall 2011 Newsletter
2011 Membership Dues due asap
Rebetica Music by Mylordos May 21, 2011
Wine Tasting POSTPONED from May 2011
Humanities West Minoan Crete April 29-30, 2011
Greek Letters Day Flier for Feb 13, 2011
Vassilopita, Cocktails, and Conversation Flier for Jan 21, 2011
Fall 2010 HAPS Newsletter
Summer 2010 HAPS Newsletter
The 2015 HAPS Executive Board:
Nicholas Stamatakis, President
Chris Manitsas, Vice President
Jim Vorrises, Treasurer
Mary Bazigos, Recording Secretary
Jason Bezis, Corresponding Secretary
Loula Anaston, Director
Helen Ernst, Director
Dena Karbo-Mourgos, Director
Jason Kumpf, Director
Pat Lagiss, Director
Virginia Lagiss, Director
Chris Manitsas, Director
George Mattis, Director
George Mourgos, Director
Questions about HAPS or the website? E-mail Corresponding
Secretary Jason Bezis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Linking with our Hellenic Heritage.
A Non-profit Organization Founded in 1960.
Hellenic American Professional Society
Free download: needed to view PDF files