HAPS of California is a group committed to promoting
educational, cultural, social, and community ties among
Hellenic (Greek)-American professionals in Northern California.
Calendar of Upcoming Events:
- Sunday, November 13, 2016: The annual HAPS General
Assembly meeting will be held at Annunciation Greek Orthodox
Cathedral in San Francisco from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Dr. Tikey Zes
will deliver a presentation about Byzantine music. A tour of the
new Annunciation sanctuary will be given. The HAPS annual
business meeting will take place.
- Sunday, February 12, 2017: Annual Greek Letters Day
Celebration at Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral in San
Francisco. Beginning at 10:00 a.m. with Divine Liturgy and
Artoclasia Honoring Scholars. The Greek Letters Day
Luncheon will follow at 1:00 p.m. Ticket price to be announced.
The 2017 AXION Award may be presented. College scholarships
($1,000 each) may be presented. To attend the luncheon, please
remit your check payable to the "Hellenic American Professional
Society" to Jason Bezis, 3661-B Mosswood Drive, Lafayette, CA
94549-3509. Reservations also may be made by phone or e-
mail, with payment presented at the event. Call: (925) 962-9643.
- The 2016-17 HAPS $1,000 Scholarship application period is
now closed. Applications for the 2017-18 scholarship will be
accepted in fall of 2017. For more information, see the
"Scholarships" tab. Questions about the HAPS scholarship may
be directed to Ms. Pat Lagiss at (650) 851-0270 or to
- Our most recent newsletter can be viewed here.
- View photos from our General Assembly meeting on facebook
- View photos from our Wine Tasting on facebook
- We are seeking a webmaster for the HAPS Website. Click here
for a full description of the requirements in pdf format.
HAPS is dedicated to:
- Organize, promote, and sponsor cultural, artistic, intellectual, and
- Cultivate a spirit of professional, community, and social
cooperation among professional people of Hellenic (Greek)
- Promote education among Hellenic-Americans
- Provide speakers, visual aids, and literature regarding Hellenic
culture and language
- Assist newly arrived Hellenic professionals
June 2016 newsletter
The 2016 HAPS Executive Board:
Nicholas Stamatakis, President
Chris Manitsas, Vice President
Jim Vorrises, Treasurer
Mary Bazigos, Recording Secretary
Jason Bezis, Corresponding Secretary
Loula Anaston, Director
Helen Ernst, Director
Dena Karbo-Mourgos, Director
Jason Kumpf, Director
Pat Lagiss, Director
Virginia Lagiss, Director
Chris Manitsas, Director
George Mattis, Director
George Mourgos, Director
Questions about HAPS or the website? E-mail Corresponding
Secretary Jason Bezis at email@example.com.
|Linking with our Hellenic Heritage.
A Non-profit Organization Founded in 1960.
Hellenic American Professional Society
Free download: needed to view PDF files